Clean Area Weapon (CLAW)
Textron Defense Systems’ Clean Area Weapon (CLAW) is an advanced lightweight, blast-fragmented unitary area munition designed to defeat soft targets. It can be delivered from tactical munitions dispensers, glide dispensers, cruise missiles and guided rockets for mission flexibility.
Features of the CLAW include:
- One 64-pound CLAW provides a coverage area the size of a football field
- Delivers greater effectiveness than a 1,000-pound legacy weapon
- Greater than 99 percent reliability due to its advanced, all-electronic fusing design
- Incorporates several features to prevent dangerous unexploded ordnance and leave behind a clean battlefield
- Permitted under international cluster munition treaties due to its weight and performance