Textron Defense Systems’ BattleHawkTM is a direct fire aerial precision guided munition system for use by small tactical units to engage non-line-of-sight targets. Among its key advantages is the system’s ability to take on an enemy from an advantageous position without exposing the operator to detection or small arms fire.
BattleHawk is tube launched from a carrying case that fits easily into a soldier’s rucksack. The total system weighs 10 lbs., including the launcher, munition and fire control unit.
BattleHawk features include:
- 30-minute endurance to enable loitering
- EO/IR streaming video for target acquisition and tracking
- 40mm fragmenting grenade warhead for target engagement
- Flexible carbon fiber wing
- Low acoustic and visual signature
- 5 km reach and 2 m accuracy
- Single-user operation with simple, three-step setup
- Android-based fire control unit
- Abort/wave off capability with self destruct